On Thursday, March 9th at 4:30pm EST, Futures.io will sponsor Peter Davies of Jigsaw Trading as he presents a webinar entitled “Keys to Successfully Trading the Open”. Click Here to register for the webinar.
In this free webinar, Peter Davies reveals strategies for trading in the first few minutes following a markets open.
It’s become “conventional wisdom” to not place trades immediately after the open. This has created a relative lack of participation from short-term traders that believe they should hold off this time. In turn this makes it a time where predatory traders and algorithms are not looking to push a lot of new short-term traders out of position. So with the predators off your back, you just need to understand what the opportunity is and how to exploit it without being exploited yourself.
The following topics will be discussed:
- The reasons that traders conventionally don’t trade in the first few minutes following the open and how to use that to your advantage
- What defines an “open” in the context of a 24 hour market
- How to use information generated before the open to define trade entry and exit points in the first few minutes of trading
- How to know when those trade entry points are no longer worth the risk
- Setting your expectations in terms of the amount of volatility into the open on any specific day
- Trade management techniques that can be applied to open trades
- How to move forward and apply these techniques to the markets you trade
The webinar will give you a new perspective of what a market ‘open’ really is and how overnight activity effects the open in many markets. At the end of the webinar, you’ll have the knowledge required to make your own plan for trading the open in the markets you trade.
Click Here to register for the webinar.