Jigsaw Education – a mix and match collection of professional-level educational material to help you understand market behavior and how to exploit it!
How the market moves
Our beginner level course exclusively available free to all Jigsaw customers. Understand the core theories behind using order flow in trading. Why order flow is useful and how to apply it to your trading. Theory is one thing but it’s practical experience that will take your trading to another level, so in module 2, we discuss trading drills that will give you that ‘aha’ moment in trading.
Module 1 – Order Flow Theory
- Introduction to Order Flow (2 hours)
- Order flow back to basics (2 hours)
- Practical Application of Order Flow (2 hours)
- Introducing Order Flow to Your Trading (1.5 hours)
- Auction Vista (1.5 hours)
- Thinking Outside the Box (1 hour)
Module 2 – Order Flow Drills
- New to Jigsaw Tools
- Cut and Reverse Drill
- ‘One Tick’ Trading Drill
Trading with Order Flow does not just mean defining and refining market entry points. In the advanced modules, we discuss specific aspects of trading that can be enhanced with Order Flow. Managing your trades, trading in different market conditions, reading reversals and trading without price charts (which is what most prop firms do) and scalping are all aspects of trading that can be massively improved with the use of Order Flow. In module 4, we take a look at trade location, what exactly it is you are trying to acheive as a trader (many have never given this much thought) and developing your own style as a trader.
Module 3 – Order Flow Application – In Detail
- Trade Management with Order Flow/Correlated Markets (1 hour)
- Day Trading Without Charts (1 hour)
- Using Order Flow to read turns/reversals in the market (1 hour)
- Ultra-short term trading (scalping) techniques (1 hour)
- Trading slow, choppy, holiday markets (1.5 hours)
- Trading the opening minutes (1 hour)
- Trading thinner markets like Crude, Dax (40 mins)
Module 4 Trade Location
- Day Trading for Dummies – What it is you are trying to achieve (20 mins)
- Developing your own trading style (1.5 hours)
- Using Swing Charts (20 mins)
Expanding Your Knowledge
Institutional ‘Trading with price and order flow strategies’
Proprietary trading firms recruit intern traders, usually with no prior trading experience (no bad habits to ‘unlearn’). They teach them how to trade and then give them money to trade and split the profits with them. In partnership with London based proprietary trading firm AXIA, we bring you a training course straight from their trader internship program. This course is exactly what they teach their traders to get them to profit. The course contains videos and a set of valuable exercises to perform on recent days action so that you get a feel for trading certain types of events such as economic news releases. These exercises are performed with the Jigsaw tools.
- Objectives, outcomes & methodology (25 mins)
- Introduction (1hr 55 mins)
- What the ladder tells you that the charts don’t (30 mins
- Market Participants with Algorithms & HFTs (30 mins)
- Auctioning Exchange and Market Velocity (30 mins)
- Order Flow Price Patterns (5 mins)
- Large Orders (35 mins)
- Replay Skill Development & Test (25 mins)
- Trend Reversal Order Flow Patterns (40 mins)
- Replay Skill Development & Test (15 mins)
- Momentum Breakout Order Flow Patterns (55 mins)
- Replay Skill Development & Test (20 mins)
- Practice: Confluence of Order Flow Strategies (30 mins)
- Evolution of Order Flow and Price Patterns (30 mins)
- What makes an Elite Order Flow Trader (45 mins)
- Interviews with Elite Order Flow Traders
- Bonus – Advanced Replay Drills and Practice
- Community Learning – Strategy Video sharing
Whilst it may seen counter-intuitive, the fast-path to profitability as a trader often involves slowing down and not trying to do so many things at once. At the same time, every trader comes with their own positive experiences and some degree of negative baggage. For any individual trader, it makes sense to leverage as much of your current experience as possible. It also makes sense to drop the negative baggage as soon as possible.
The 1-on-1 Mentorship is a tailored program that consists of 6, 30-45 minute 1-on-1 sessions. In the first session, we take a look at where you are with your trading and agree on the path forward. In each session, we will agree an action plan to be completed before the next session as well as how we will track the results.
The outcome will be progressive improvement you can measure week by week.
To get the most from these sessions, we need you to be OK with the following:
- We may need to initially reduce the number of factors you use to make a trading decision
- We may need to initially reduce the number of markets and setups you focus on
- We may need to initially have you stop trading whilst you focus on understanding the potential in a given setup – this applies mostly to those still trading on SIM
- You have to be prepared to stop changing/tweaking your setup
- You have to stop looking at trading forums, other training videos and reading those spammy emails promising riches for nothing.
In short, we need to make sure that we don’t keep moving the goalposts as we move towards making one setup work for you.
In most cases, we will lean heavily on the Jigsaw Educational content – but it is possible that in some cases, we tell you to hold off from watching it if we think you can get to your first profitable setup before you watch it.
Trader development is an ongoing process and profitability is just one milestone in that process. If you feel you have not improved as a trader in the past month, 6 months or even the past 12 months; the mentorship is just the thing to get you onto that cycle of continual improvement.